Merry Christmas from the Gravity Golf Family

Winter is slowly trying to make its way into Greenville, South Carolina. We are still getting some decent golf days but they are getting fewer and fewer. It needs to be over sixty degrees for me to drag my aging bones out there. My internal fires don't seem to burn quite as hot as they once did. I guess that's why the Scots drank Scotch.
            Next month I am doing a school in Florida at World Woods, north of Tampa, on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of January. There is still one spot available in that class for someone who wants a concentrated dose of the latest Gravity Golf technology.

            Since the announcement of the changes regarding anchoring of putters to the body, I have been making some of the new "Arc Angel" putters in a length of 37.5 inches, where the hands can be split on the grip, but the putter is not anchored to the body. Everyone who has tried it has gone nuts over it. I will definitely have to take this new model to the tour and let some of those players give it a try. A bunch of them are going to have to re-invent their putting strokes when the new rule goes into effect. The split grip model is "yip" proof and makes putting a whole lot easier.

           Danny is teaching in California and will be out there for Christmas. We will really miss having him home for the holidays.
Watch for improvements to the website in the coming months, and again, we wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year!

David Lee

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, I sincerely hope you are not implying that your 41 inch Arc Master putters, when used as you demonstrate on your DVD "Putting On The Arc", are non conforming. It never occured to me in using the "Arc Master" for over a year that it is in anyway anchored to the body but I have not read the actual proposed rule changes that will apply.

    Working intensively with the Arc Master for the last 18 months has given me the idea that this putter and your technique for using it could do for putting what Pete Gogolak did for kicking the football in 1961.

    My experience has proved to me the absolute soundness of the your view that the ubiquitous teaching instruction that the eyes need to be over or nearly over the line of the putt is in fact nonsense.

    Additionally, there are a number of other reasons why David"s method of "Putting On The Arc" has the potential to revolutionize putting if the proposed rule change has not inadvertently outlawed the technique. Not withstanding your excellent instruction to learn putting distance control by putting over a long distance, the fact that the putting stroke is techiquely the same as a full Gravity Golf swing stroke is a huge advantage.

    Because the heave, counterfall and core/body mass movement technics are the same in the Gavity Golf putt, chip, pitch and full swing, the golf game is automaticly and dramatically simplified. This is huge! For me, the awareness of synergies envolved just hit me when I was practicing my putting in my livingroom. Wow, I suddenly realized while I was putting I was also honing my full swing proficiency. Practicing your putting on the driving range? Feel it, believe it.

    From my experience with "Putting On The Arc" the technic may also have a significant visual advantage over conventional putting methods. Because the set up is significantly more open than the conventional stance I feel it is easy to maintain visual awareness of the hole or target point and the ball out to 7 or 8 feet with your peripheral vision when you are set up for the putt. To me, that is an advantage. I personally do not think standing over the ball becoming mesmerized with it is a helpfull mental technigue.

    To me the Arc Master certainly ought to be conforming, but dumber things have happened. The technique can obviously survive with a shorter version but I hope that is not necessary. I am an amatuer golfer but I will not use a non-conforming club. Thanks to you and your son for the wisdom you share on this blog. Feel The Freedom!


    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eswan, I apologize for the lack of response. The post was passed on the to my dad, he just isn't on the computer very often. If you would like to call him I'm sure he would answer that for you in detail, 501-617-1159 . To answer your question yes it does conform and was designed as a split grip, not a belly putter. The thing that is changing is the ability to anchor the club to your body I believe. Also I very much appreciate the time that you have dedicated to using the technique, it can be a challenge at times to stick with, but has wonderful benefit. Again I do apologize for the lack of response.

      All the best.

      Danny Lee

      Delete